We need your help filling
BABY BOTTLES OF HOPE!
“T” called Hannah’s Hope last Spring and came to our office with her boyfriend and their 6 month old baby. She was expecting their second child, who would be born before the baby turned 1 year old. They were overwhelmed with the thought and sought help making an adoption plan. A Hannah’s Hope Social Worker assisted them in making an adoption plan. Once her baby was born, “T” decided that she really wanted to try parenting. Hannah’s Hope supported her in this decision. When the baby was one month old, “T” called Hannah’s Hope again, in crisis, and feeling unable to care for her children properly. Her Social Worker assisted her in accessing mental health care and making care plans for her children. She is still considering an adoption plan, but at this point Hannah’s Hope is providing on-going emotional support and helping her to connect with community resources.
The stories of these women are representative of those served through the Pregnancy Counseling Ministry of Hannah’s Hope. This ministry is offered at no cost to any woman in need through the support of churches and individuals across the West Tennessee area. So that women like “K” and “T” and their babies can experience the grace of Christ in their time of need, we are asking you to Fill Baby Bottles of Hope to support this critical need and life changing ministry.
* Recruit at least 12 families / individuals who will purchase baby bottles and fill them with loose change.
* Set date to receive Bottles of Hope and plan a special time of prayer for the offerings and the crisis pregnancy counseling ministry of Hannah’s Hope.
* Pray that women facing unplanned pregnancies will have the strength to choose life and carry their pregnancy; will make healthy, responsible choices for their baby and themselves; and have the courage to make the loving choice of adoption when they believe they will be unable to provide for their child.
* The Hannah’s Hope office has several large baby bottle banks and small baby bottles for individual use that can be borrowed by a church doing this project. Contact our office if this will be of help to you.
* Feel free to choose an alternative date / season to conduct your Baby Bottles project if the November offering date is not convenient in your setting.
OCTOBER 2012: Recruit volunteer parents, grandparents and children to purchase and fill baby bottles with change.
GOAL: 12 bottles per congregation
NOVEMBER 2012: Individuals and families return the filled bottles to church on the designated Sunday (Nov. 6 is the day set for a Conference special offering supporting the ministry of Hannah’s Hope) where they are received with a blessing and a prayer is offered for the women and children affected by unplanned / crisis pregnancies.
CONTRIBUTIONS are sent to:
5676 Stage Road
Bartlett, TN 38134
For more information contact:
Rev. Trina Morrison