At Hannah’s Hope we work with expectant mothers to ensure that child has the best life possible, whether that is with the biological family or with an adoptive one. We help these pregnant women attend counseling, get the care they need, and have a plan. We assist with food, clothing, rides to medical appointments, as well as emergency needs. We know what it is like to counsel mothers who are doing their best, scraping pennies together to take care of their children, and make the difficult decision to place their child with an adoptive family. For those mothers, we place those babies in loving homes and support those adoptive families through the process.
We have been blessed to be in ministry in the Memphis Conference for 17 years, and it has been a joy to watch our ministry grow and change over time. Now we are facing a new kind of change. For years our work has been partially funded as an extension ministry of the local conference of the United Methodist Church. However, this year, our support has been cut to less than $10,000, a decrease of more than 50%. This significant change is the second major cut in a row and coupled with a decrease in adoption revenue due to women making parenting plans, results in a need for Hannah’s Hope to raise an additional $50,000 by the end of this year. It is imperative now more than ever for individuals, UMW circles, missions’ committees, Sunday School classes, and other friends in ministry know about the mission Hannah’s Hope serves and how to be involved.
We would like to encourage you and your church to get involved with the Baby Bottles of Hope program. Participants collect their monies in baby bottles throughout the duration of the campaign. Funds raised provide counseling sessions, case management, birth mother care bags, nutritious groceries for expectant mothers, maternity clothes and so much more.
As a leader in your church, we hope you will take the Baby Bottles of Hope program into consideration. Enclosed in this participation packet is a Baby Bottles program flyer to hang around the church and a bulletin insert to advertise the program. Churches, faith groups and individuals who commit to raising a designated level of support through Baby Bottles of Hope will be recognized with personalized certificates and through Hannah’s Hope’s online presence. See what your contributions can provide below.
|Level||Donation Amount||What Level Supports|
|Platinum||$1,000+||10 hours of counseling to an expectant mother|
|Gold||$500||5 birth mother care bags|
|Silver||$250||5 bags of groceries for pregnant women in need|
|Member||$100-$250||Maternity clothes and diapers for a pregnant woman|
We hope your congregation joins us as we raise support for these mothers and babies. A step by step guide to the Baby Bottles of Hope program is included below.
Baby Bottles of Hope Leader Guide
- Purchase baby bottles or request to borrow them from Hannah’s Hope. Call 901-327-5560 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request baby bottles to borrow.
- Set a launch day to start collecting as a congregation. Hannah’s Hope will be launching this effort on September 29, but your congregation can choose the date that works best for you.
- Determine a date to receive Bottles of Hope and plan a special time of prayer for the offerings and the crisis pregnancy counseling ministry of Hannah’s Hope. Hannah’s Hope is focusing November 3, which is Hannah’s Hope Sunday across the annual conference, but your congregation can choose the date that works best for you.
- Fill in dates on Baby Bottles of Hope flyer and bulletin insert.
- Recruit at least 12 families or individuals who will fill them with loose change.
- Pray that women facing unplanned pregnancies will have the strength to choose life and carry their pregnancy; will make healthy choices for their baby and themselves; and have the courage to make the loving choice of adoption when they feel it is the best option for their child.
Helpful Hints to Promote the Program
Several of our participating congregations engage their church members in friendly competition. Some of the most successful ideas are:
- Challenge Sunday School classes or small groups to compete against each other to raise the most change.
- Have the children and youth compete against the adults.
- Set a goal for the whole congregation to fill an extra large baby bottle.
If your group chooses to participate in the 2019 Baby Bottles of Hope program, please click the Baby Bottles of Hope button on our website and register using the online form. Encourage your group to bring their baby bottles to church by November 3, Hannah’s Hope Sunday, or whichever date your congregation chooses. Then, return the counted change and baby bottles to Hannah’s Hope or contact us if you need assistance. You may also donate online at
www.hannahs-hope.org by naming your group in the “in honor of” section and please call us at
901-327-5560 if we can help you in any way.
Contributions may be sent to:
5676 Stage Road
Bartlett, TN 38134
Or you can Donate today!
For more information, please contact Rev. Trina Morrison